Yield: 30 servings
1 1/4 c Butter or Margarine
1 c Powdered Sugar
1 ts Vanilla Extract
1/2 ts Almond Extract
3 1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Salt
Red food coloring
1 Egg white, slightly beaten
Red decorating sugar - (optional)
1. Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Beat in egg and flavorings.
2. Combine flour and salt. Stir into first mixture. Set aside half of dough. Tint remaining half light
red with dew drops of food coloing.
3. Keep dough chilled for ease in handling. With hands, roll 1 teaspoonful of white dough and 1
teaspoonful of red dough into strips about 4-inches long. Put strips side by side and twist together
lightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets. Curve 1 end down to form into candy cane shape. Brush
cookies with egg white. Sprinkle with red sugar, if desired.
5. Bake at 350*F for 10 to 12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store airtight.