1 Clove garlic, peeled
½ Yellow onion, peeled
3 Serrano chiles, stems removed
2 ½ lb fresh tomatillos
1 pinch sugar
4 sprigs cilantro
• Use the metal blade of a food processor.
• Drop the garlic through the feed tube with the motor running.
• Add the onion and pulse to chop.
• Place in a strainer and rinse with cool water to remove the bitter milky liquid.
• Remove the husks from the tomatillos. Rinse. Quarter.
• Place the tomatillos and chili peppers in the work bowl of the food processor.
• Pulse to mince finely.
• Add the cilantro.
• Pulse to combine.
• Stir the onions and tomatillos together.
• Add sugar and salt to taste.
• Keeps less than 8 hours.
• Add water if the salsa thickens before being used.