1 clove garlic, peeled
3 oz pork back fat
4 C chicken stock
½ C chili powder
6 oz tomato paste
1 pinch sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp oregano
6 sprigs fresh cilantro, snipped
• Use the metal blade of a food processor.
• Drop the garlic through the feed tube.
• Set aside.
• Fry the pork fat in a large skillet until rendered (about 5 minutes).
• Discard the solid pieces.
• You'll need about 1 ½ Tbsp of rendered fat for 4 cups of Salsa adjust if needed.
• Add 3-4 Tablespoons of the chicken stock (when preparing 4 cups of salsa adjust
as needed), the chili powder and the garlic.
• Stir constantly over medium heat for 3-4 minutes to cook the chili powder and
remove the raw taste. Watch carefully, chili powder burns easily.
• Stir in the tomato paste, the remaining chicken stock, sugar, salt and oregano.
• Simmer for 15 minutes.
• Stir in the cilantro.
• Serve hot or cold.
• Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.