2 chicken breasts — boneless and
skinless 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. ginger — chopped
2 cloves garlic — coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. Monterey Jack cheese — grated
1/4 c. white cheddar cheese — grated
1 scallion — coarsely chopped
<Ingredients Needed for Grilled Pineapple Salsa> 1/2 ripe pineapple – peeled & cored — cut into 1-inch
slices 1 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro — coarsely chopped
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 medium red onion — finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno — seeded and chopped
fine 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and fresh ground white pepper <Ingredients Needed for Hoisin Vinaigrette> 2 Tbsp. red onion — finely chopped
2 cloves garlic — finely chopped
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 c. olive oil
Salt and fresh ground white pepper
How to Prepare the Quesadilla:
1. Place the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let sit for half an hour.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade ov er. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hours or overnig ht.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a large s auti pan over high heat until it just begins to smoke.
4. Place the chicken in the pan and sauti 5 minutes or until golden brown on o ne side.
5. Lower the heat to medium, turn the chicken over and continue cooking until the chicken is almost cooked through, approximately 4 minutes.
6. Let the chicken sit for 1 minute and slice on the bias into 1/2-inch pieces (the chicken will finish cooking in the oven).
7. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Spread 1/2 the cheeses, green onion, and sliced chicken on the 2 tortillas.
9. Stack the 2 layers and cover with the remaining tortilla.
10. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted. 11.Cut into quarters and serve hot garnished with the salsa.
How to Prepare the Salsa:
1. Heat a grill on high until it just begins to smoke. Grill the pineapple sli ces 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
2. Remove and cut into medium dice.
3. Add the cilantro, lime, onion, jalapeno, and olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 1/2 hour.
How to Prepare the Hoisin Vinaigrette:
1. Place the onion, garlic, hoisin sauce and vinegar in a blender and blend un til smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the sesame and olive oil, drop by drop a t first, until emulsified.
3. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
) 1997 Lifetime Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.
Formatted for MaserCook by the Beach_Bum@usa.net Prepared with loving care by Doris Guyer.